Web Design Made Easy
I am a sole proprietorship doing web design on the side as a hobby. My clients are Doctors, Artists, Musicians – individuals and small businesses who need a web presence but lack the time or ability to create or maintain a site themselves.
I learned hand-coding html back in the dark ages of the early 1990s. I can and do build sites with html, but hand-coding is a lot more time consuming and not always as exacting across today’s multiple platforms. My preference for building sites is in WordPress. I think it offers the most bells and whistles with the least chance of error.
I’m retired, so I have the luxury of being able to do things on your time schedule.
What is it you’re looking to do?
The best place to start is to figure out why you want a website in the first place.
- Are you looking to build your business or do you want a personal site to share family photos and stories?
- Are you involved with a charitable organization?
- Are you promoting a hobby, a product, or yourself?
- Are you going to sell things?
- Do you want to Blog?
- How big a site are you looking for?
- What information do you want to share?
A site needs written content and it needs pictures, whether they be photos, drawings, graphics, or a combination of all.
You should have an idea of what you want to share but keep an open mind about what will work and what won’t.
I also believe in having fun with this. You should, as well.
If you can’t laugh or have fun with a project, we’re probably not suited for one another.